Sunday, October 10, 2010

Turquoise Leather and Shoulder Pads, Oh My!

I've been meaning to post about a few of my small DIY's I've been doing lately, but been busy so here is the beginning of them! This one is not totally complete, but I felt like sharing it. Amazing at finding the best steals, Maria found this jacket while in Seattle (for free I might add), and alas it did not fit her, so being the generous person she is she asked if I would be interested in it. Lets just say I was more than excited and took it as a chance to snatch up quite the unique leather jacket.


My only problem with the whole thing were the MASSIVE shoulder pads. Some people may be able to pull it off, but with my petite figure, it was a tad overwhelming.


I carefully ripped the seams in order to get to the dreadful shoulder pads and once able, proceeded to detach them from the jacket and getting turquoise leather fuzzies everywhere.


So far it looks much better, though I think I may need to bring in the seam on the shoulder a little more, but am a tad scared to do so. Until that time, I'll happily wear this gem as is!

Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment