Saturday, July 17, 2010

X-Ray Collection

So, this isn't going to come as much of a surprise but I am a total sucker for anatomy themed clothing. When I think of the merger between my two biggest passions, this is the collection that comes to mind. I know it's from a few years ago, but it is so stunning that I don't care. Ronald Abdala's AW 08-09 X-Ray Collection is genius. I will let the clothing speak for itself.







This is the dress that sold me on the collection. I am addicted to harnesses and other things of that nature, so this is totally appealing.


This is a less subtle anatomy reference. The anatomist is me is slightly irritated about the incorrect placement of the heart, but the fashion lover doesn't really care, and right now the latter is winning.




This is much more subtle, but sooo appealing. As someone who has actually seen a human ribcage, this dress is fairly accurate and evocative. I always feel awkward when anatomy makes me think of clothing I could make, and it makes me feel a little less weird when people with this kind of skill level see inspiration in the same places I do.

I will DIY this dress! I promise! At least the back part, which is everything I want in a spinal column. I even like how unfinished the edges are. Beautiful.
Maria
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment