Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Introductions

Maria speaking.

I have only really gotten interested in fashion in the last two or three years. I actually used to make fun of Eli for reading Vogue when we were in high school. Now I understand what all the fuss was about.

Dissatisfied with my wardrobe, I started refashioning clothes that I already had and finding candidates for reinvention at thrift stores and garage sales. I almost never shop retail, so I won't be much help in that department. I find clothes and pictures that I find inspirational and attempt to recreate them with my own unique twist.

I am a bit of a magpie and I am attracted to shiny objects. Sequins, metallics, studs, and spikes all call to me with their sweet siren song. I also enjoy leather, fur and feathers (all secondhand or vintage). Above all, I want my clothes to be interesting. Sometimes that doesn't work out as fashionably as I could hope, but it's always interesting.

Anyway, I am a pre-med senior, so anatomy related clothing appeals to me a great deal. I sing and play guitar, fence, read a lot, and am becoming increasingly addicted to jewelry.

I don't own heels higher than an inch because I think they are uncomfortable and I look like a zombie when I try to walk in them.

I don't understand people's obsession with hand bags.

I have a tendency to hate a trend when it first comes onto the scene and then after being bombarded by blog after blog I find that maybe it's not so bad after all. I doubt I will ever love jumpsuits though.

So, I guess that's what you need to know about me for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment